NFA carries out registration of imported or locally produced veterinary medicine, renewed registration, annulment of registration and/or quality/safety control.
The registration of veterinary medicine is done in following regimes: National Regime and Recognition Regime.
While registering through National Regime, the NFA carries out the administrative and scientific-technical expertise of documents.
Necessary Documentation to be introduced during the registration of veterinary medicine through the National Regime:
Through the National Regime registration of the veterinary medicine, primary and secondary changes are carried out. In case of changes the following must be presented:
1. Motivation of Changes;
2. Reasonable documentation for changes;
3. Renewed relevant registration documents;
4. Registration Certificate.
The registration of changes doesn't cause the changes of the timelines.
The registration of the veterinary medicine through the Recognition Regime is used for the specific veterinary medicine allowed on the market by the Regulatory Authority of the other Country or Interstates. The list of these Authorities is established by the Government of Georgia.
For the registration of veterinary medicine through the Recognition Regime, the applicant must present the following documentation:
- Instruction on Georgian Language, translation approved by the Notary and the original document of instruction;
a. Original or the E-type of labeling sample.
- Reference-standard of efficient quantity for carrying out 2 analysis;
- The timelines of the allowance on the market of veterinary medicine by the Regulatory Authority of the other Countries or Interstates;
- The unique number of the veterinary medicine on the market;
- Veterinary medicine certificate issued by the Regulatory Authority of the Other Countries or Interstates can be issued for any market, controlled by the Regulatory Authority of the Other Countries or Intestates approved by the Government of Georgia;
- The equivalent document of this Certificate, or the relevantly approved copies of the equivalent documents to be presented;
- Methods of analysis;
- Sample of veterinary medicine - 2 standard packing, needed quantity for 2 analyses.
The Fees and Timelines for the Veterinary Medicine
Registration through the National Regime: 3 Months = 1000 GEL; 2 Months = 1300 GEL; 1 Months = 1500 GEL.
Primary Changes in registration: 20 Working Days = 25 GEL; 10 Working Days = 50 GEL; 3 Working Days = 75 GEL; 1 Working Days = 100 GEL.
Secondary Changes in Registration: 3 Months = 200 GEL; 2 Months = 300 GEL; 1 Months = 400 GEL;
Registration through the Recognition Regime: 10 Working days = 500 GEL; 3 Working days = 700 GEL; 1 Working day = 800 GEL.
veterinary medicine registration fees must be paid to NFA bank account:
Beneficiary bank: JSC Bank Of Georgia (Head office)
SWIFT code: BAGAGE22
Beneficiary name: LEPL National Food Agency
Beneficiary account number: GE97BG0000000292123100GEL